BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 13, 2008

First Blog

Well..welcome to the Harris blog. I seem to be one of the last ones to have one of these things..so, I thought that I would start one for family and friends to keep up with us. We live in Trussville and so many our our friends and family are scattered everywhere so this will help everyone keep up with Sam, Brayden and myself.

Well..Sam had to work today so Brayden and I have spent the day cleaning house and doing some grocery shopping. I cannot believe that he will be 4 yrs. old next month. He is getting so big and growny. It is soo funny some of the stuff he says. We were coming home from daycare yesterday and he told me, "Mommy..turn off the music and talk to me.." I asked hime what he wanted to talk about and he said "my day".. I guess he has learned that because every evening when we have dinner we talk about his day at school..and, well, I guess he just decided that we would talk about it on the way home from school..

This morning Brayden woke up around 6:30 and I heard him over the monitor singing. He is learning so much since I changed his daycare from Pinson to Christway (which is where we attend Church)..he was singing some song, which I had never heard, about .."I love Jesus and he loves me..he loves me sooo much"..that just really blesses my heart. I not only want Brayden to learn the practical stuff in school..colors, shapes, numbers..but, I want him to learn about Jesus. So, many children are clueless about His love and it breaks my heart. As parents, we will one day stand before God, and I believe, be responsible for how we raised our children..a statement that I heard a few weeks ago by a guy who does childrens ministry.."Allow your Children to be reached at an early age..so they are not having to be rescued later in life.."

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah..I see you have joined the world of blogs! LOL - believe me they are so much fun to keep up with!! I will add you to my list!!
Have a great day!