BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 30, 2009

Just having to trust Him..

Have you ever been in that place where you felt the walls just caving in on you? Well, that is me...Sam was told yesterday that his last day at work would be March 20th! They did offer him a severance package and will pay him through May 15th...BUT!! Sam got home from work yesterday and laid that on me..and, well, the floodgates opened!! I think in the back of Sam's mind he has known over the past year that this might take place..he has already had several job interviews and nothing has worked out. But..to finally now that their is definately going to be an end to his time at HandArendall has made us both really uneasy.

I know that God will take care of us..I guess this is where Faith kicks in. I have found that it is sometimes a little harder to 'trust God' then we think. It is all and well to trust Him when jobs are going well, everyone has good health, and their is plenty of money in the bank..but, when it comes to having to trust Him for your next breath, your next meal..that is a little hard!

I feel like we have been in struggle after struggle these past few monthes..but, I remember something a roommate I had while in college would always say, "the devil isn't going to bother someone he already has.." Sam, said that to me last night. I was the one breaking down..and he looked me and said, "Amy, we serve a God that is much bigger than we know...He has it all in control.." Sam has a peace about the situation..and that makes me feel good. As the leader of our home I am so Blessed to have a man like Sam! He and I are so opposite..I am the worryier..the planner..he doesn't think about right now..he sees the big picture..and the big picture is that, "My God tells me that He WILL supply all of my needs.."

2 comments:

Misty said...

Trusting Him is the right attitude. God will provide. He will reward those that are faithful. Relax in the Lord!

The Reno Family said...

I do know what it feels like to loose a job. But I don't know what it is like to loose a job and still have a family to take care. Please know that you and your family are in our prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything. As you said....God is bigger than your problem. I believe we have heard that a few times in the past few weeks at church!! Hang in there!