BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, October 26, 2008

One of the hardest times..

Well...I have been on an emotional roller coaster since Friday. I had taken off work on Friday b/c we were supposed to be camping. Well..Thursday night Sam had told me that his mom had fallen a hit her head..around 8 pm Sam called and checked on her and my father in law said that she seemed o.k. she was sleeping..well, around 9ish he called and told Sam they needed to take her to the ER. Long story short..she had a hematoma in her brain that had moved her brain stem over 1" and that she needed a miracle!! They ended up taking her off the ventilator around 12 30 and she passed at 1 pm..she was only 59 yrs old!

Sam and I have only been married almost 6 yrs. And this is the first 'tragic' thing that we have faced together. I can tell you that as a women who loves her husband with all my heart I HATE to see my husband hurting! I feel so helpless. I have both my parents, and have no idea what he is going through. All I can do is pray from him and hold his hand. He was very close to his mom. We do have the reassurace that his mom was a Christian, and had a relationship with God. So, we know where she is.

So, today Mon. Oct. 27th, 2008 we will lay to rest the body of Mrs. Harris. It is going to be a tough day, but we rejoice in the fact that she in the place that one day we hope to be!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy I am so sorry to hear about your family's loss. I will keep all of you in my prayers. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask.

Misty said...

Amy,

God is your tower of refuge and strength. He will see you through. Just being there for Sam and loving him through this will be a great comfort to him. Sometimes all we can do is be there and pray. You all are in our prayers.